Rosa Gauditano - Biography :
• I was born in SP, Brazil, I am also an Italian citizen and have lived in London since 2017.
• I work with Brazilian culture, indigenous peoples and relations between people from different countries, doing photography projects, exhibitions and books. I organized several photographic events, such as exhibitions, lectures and presentations of photographic works.
• I have a degree in Digital Video and taught photography at the Catholic University in São Paulo, Brazil. I was a photographer for the Folha de São Paulo newspaper, Veja magazine, and worked as a freelancer in several magazines.
• I started a project to photograph indigenous people in Brazil in 1989. Since then, I have documented the culture of various indigenous ethnicities and published articles and books.
• I did exhibitions in Brazil and abroad (2019, Pau Brazil center in Reading United Kingdom /, 2018, 3rd edition of Beijing, China, 2016 /, San Biagio, Cesena, Italy /, 2010, South Bank cultural center in London, United Kingdom Kingdom /, 2000, Houston Museum of Natural Science, Houston, Texas, USA).
• Together with Xavante indigenous representatives, I was also a co-founder of the NGO Nosso Tribo, which worked with the Xavante indigenous people, Guarani M'Byá, Guarani Kaiowá and Pankararu to make connections between villages and cities in order to strengthen indigenous culture through photo and video works.
• Now I am doing this work on the covid19 quarantine to keep my mind calm and safe.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Site : www.rosagauditano.com.br
Instagram : @rosajandiragauditano